Thursday 13 June 2013

Tokyo DisneySea (Tokyo, Japan)

Ticket Price:
(Adult) 1-Day Passport ¥6,200
(Adult) 2-Day Passport ¥10,700
-- check out the official website for an extensive price list :) --

Directions:
Take JR line to Maihama, from Maihama, transfer to the Disney Resort Railway, take the loop train to DisneySea.

Official Website: http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/en/index.html


This is my all-time favorite themepark so far! I'd really love to re-visit it again if possible. There were many more attractions than USJ, and the place is simply beautiful! However, a downside to it is that being a popular themepark in the bustling city, it is super crowded! And for the popular rides, we had to wait on an average, an hour, for each ride! Luckily when we went, the weather was great, so it wasn't an uncomfortable wait, but our legs were soooo tired.

 Firstly, all the thrilling rides are indeed quite thrilling and we managed to ride on all of them :) Great fun we had! The most terrifying one was supposed to be the 360 deg high speed roller coaster but it was not scary at all, just plain fun! Though the queue was pretty long, we took it twice!
  


In my opinion, the most thrilling one was actually the Tower of Terror which is like the typical drop shot but it's indoor. I don't know why it freaked me out a little though I had been on higher outdoor ones, I guess it's because of the eerie atmosphere it created. Anyway it rises, stops and rises and drops and stops and rises and drops completely. Lol, you get me. Pretty fun, but a little freakish, it was my sis's favorite ride and she wanted to ride it again but we had no time :(

The Journey to the centre of the Earth surprised me as it started out with just high speed turns and shaking but then comes the fast and long descend. I didn't expect it to be so long and I shouted in mid-way lol. It was a nice surprise but too boring in the beginning. Perhaps the slow start was for us to drop our guards. Haha. Nonetheless it was still fun.

Indiana Jones was another ride labelled as 'thrilling' but it was kinda disappointing really. We waited for about an hour for it but the ride gave us little excitement. Oh well.

Other mild rides were fun and enjoyable too, especially toy story mania where we had to put on 3D glasses and play different carnival games (we waited 70 minutes for this!) We didn't have time to go for all the shows, but luckily we managed to catch the Under the Sea musical, it was quite a performance!

I'm so glad we've decided to go DisneySea, as the rides were novel and exciting :) I guess one-day isn't enough if we want to try each and every one of the ride and visit all attractions :( So, perhaps getting a two-day pass is a better option!






No comments:

Post a Comment